The American Society of Mechanical Engineers
UNF’s Chapter of ASME is a club that offers unique opportunities to its members in the form of career development, fostering group projects, hosting tours to industry partners with the CCEC, and major focused Conference trips. These are the opportunities that UNF ASME wishes to provide not only mechanical engineers but all engineers and continue to help you grow throughout your college path.
ASME is a not-for-profit membership organization that enables collaboration, knowledge sharing, career enrichment, and skills development across all engineering disciplines, toward a goal of helping the global engineering community develop solutions to benefit lives and livelihoods. Founded in 1880 by a small group of leading industrialists, ASME has grown through the decades to include more than 130,000 members in 151 countries. Thirty-two thousand of these members are students.
As a national Club we hold a set of core beliefs that we follow, these are:
- promoting the art, science and practice of mechanical engineering and the allied arts and sciences;
- encouraging original research;
- fostering engineering education;
- advancing engineering standards;
- promoting information exchanges among engineers and others;
- broadening the usefulness of the engineering profession in cooperation with other engineering and technical societies, and
- promoting a high level of ethical practice.